Okay…It’s the bomb!! I started making my own dog food awhile ago. For the life of me, I can’t find a food that they like and that is good for them…so I make it. It started out as simple beef/rice…then the Instapot / Pressure Cooker came into my life! So here it is.
I have 2 dogs – 1 big, 1 medium. This last me 4-5 days.
Ingredients (you can change it up!)
2 1/2 Cups of Brown Rice
2 Sweet Potatoes chopped to bite-size pieces
1 Apple – chopped to bite size pieces
A bunch of carrots (2-3 reg size or large handful of baby carrot) – Chopped small
3 tbl oil (I use Coconut)
2 1/2 cups water
2-3 lbs of ground beef or chicken
Sometimes I add:
2 Tbl Peanut Butter
Handful of blueberries (but they ate around them and left them all over the kitchen floor)
I’ve used hotdog, bacon, ground turkey, ground chicken, shredded chicken, sometimes just whats left-over in the fridge.
- Put everything but meat in the Pressure Cooker.
- Set for 15 minutes. Once finished, quick release the steam.
- While pressure cooker is running, cook meat on stove top (you could also cook it in the pressure cooker beforehand on Saute, but I find stove top just as quick and easy.
- Once pressure is released, stir in meat.
- Store in refrigerator in airtight container up to two weeks. I use these.