Okay…this is the best thing yet! My husband is from Maryland, so Shrimp Boils or Crab Boils are a must! Ridiculous how easy this is. Serves 8-10
- 1 lbs small red potatoes (smaller the better)
- 3-4 ears of corn, cut in half or thirds
- 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning (or MUCH more)
- 2 lbs fully cooked smoked Andouille Sausage – cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3-4 lbs large fresh or frozen shrimp still in the shell. (I use large tail-on frozen)
- Add potatoes, corn, sausage 2 cups water and roughly half the seasonings to pressure cooker. Cover with lid, set pressure cooker to high and once up to pressure, cook for 6 minutes.
- After cooking time, do a quick pressure release. Open the pressure cooker and add shrimp, 1 more cup water and sprinkle the rest of the seasonings to the top. Cover with lid, set pressure cooker to high and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, (depending on the size of the shrimp) using your kitchen timer. IMPORTANT!!! Don’t bring the pot back up to pressure and then cook for 2 to 4 minutes – just close the lid and turn it back on and let it cook for 2 to 4 minutes – according to your kitchen timer! When opened shrimp should be pinkish.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and pour into a large bowl or onto paper topped table. (If pouring onto table, you may want to remove excess liquid first.) Top with additional old bay seasoning…serve with melted butter for dipping! Enjoy.
- As an addition, at the end, you can throw in some crab legs. Cover pressure cooker, steam for 2-3 minutes. Total Goodness.